I would definitely recommend this place if you want to go diving at Tulamben. No, they are not the cheapest and there is some disorganization in how they take bookings but the professionalism and overall good quality of the dive resort makes Tulamben Wreck Divers a great choice for new and experienced divers alike.
- Quality dive center with good quality well-maintained equipment including a wide selection of different-sized wetsuits.
- Competent dive instructors.
- Friendly management.
- Excellent accommodation. The rooms are very presentable, comfortable and large. The air-con works well and each room has a small fridge, TV and DVD player.
- Good restaurant. Tulamben is notorious for its bad food so I was very happy to discover that the food at the resort’s restaurant was actually pretty good.
- Rather pricey.
- Because it’s a popular dive center, they have been known to mess up room bookings due to “miscommunications”. And as most guests don’t like to be asked to change their room during their stay, this can create difficulties. But while this is definitely one area where they could make improvements, I can’t imagine it being too much of a problem except, perhaps, during the peak season months like July and August.
- Rather poor dive times. I would have expected more to be honest.
All in all, a great place to stay and dive the Liberty wreck!