Share |
| 10 comments ]

I come from good old England but have spent most of my adult life abroad in countries as culturally diverse as Italy, Scotland and now Indonesia.

While you could call me an expat, there is - alas - no dilapidated farmhouse to restore or beachside bar to manage.

I have, however, had a chat with an East Timor king, driven a shiny red Ferrari 309 in Ancona (if only for half an hour) and drunk the blood of a freshly skinned cobra in the North Sumatran city of Medan. What more from life could you want than that? Well…

Distance between London, England, United Kingdom and Jakarta, Indonesia: 7,278 miles (11,713 km). Back in Magellan's day, a one year+ treacherous journey by boat; now only 16 hours by jet plane.





10 comments

mbakrita said... @ 28 January 2010 11:38

It's good to know a real wanderer is coming to (my) town :D

Teresa said... @ 26 February 2010 22:52

It sounds like you've had a very adventurous life full of travels. That kind of life sounds very appealing to me. I love traveling.

Ki Djati said... @ 4 March 2010 22:34

I like your pictures of the Baduy on Flickrs, mind if I use them for my site visitbaduyvillage.com ?

felixkusmanto said... @ 11 June 2010 20:56

very interesting contents do you have here. Nice to see. thanks for sharing these contents

Anonymous said... @ 4 December 2010 12:26

do you mind posting your biography and pic?
you seem to know a lot more about indo than me... great job, loving this site. Keep it up!

Evan Irianov said... @ 6 January 2011 16:52

have you ever visited any place in papua?
raja ampat is great to visit :)

paulin said... @ 9 January 2011 12:22

what an adventurous experience u had around indonesia...nice article on 40 things to do before u die

liam said... @ 26 October 2011 12:47

great blog, I like your writing style.

http://liam-in-asia.blogspot.com/

Stephanie Wong said... @ 30 December 2012 06:17

Thanks for the heaps on bars in Indonesia, pretty helpful for me to plan my visit the country next year. ;)

Cheers

Tempo Dulu said... @ 24 April 2013 12:43

Thanks for the comments - hope the info is useful!

Post a Comment